There are many types of racing and may be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the place at regular intervals to attain a certain point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have a better concept of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to find the best possible way to attain the destination. World Rally Championship is typically the most popular championship in this type of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: That is one of the very famous motor sports and involves a lot of specially designed high-speed cars. These are $500.00 for your car open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the front and along with rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is a World Championship that is now known to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the greatest level of motor sport and every car racer desires to be involved in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes devote snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes devote high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it is comparatively slower compared to sports vehicle racing or the single-seater racing. The most used championship is the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing is similar to Touring car racing and is definitely an American version of the same. The car racing series popular in this type of racing is the NASCAR. That is generally conducted on ovals and the cars found in racing are just like production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a certain distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race may be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends on which type of car has been employed for drag racing as a block racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the exact same distance may be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports car racing takes devote a sealed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is specially for long distances like 1000km and that is why this race involves several driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells it all, the racing of some modified cars happens off road i.e. far from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing to find the best time completion. The cars have to climb the extremely steep hills and the automobile with the most effective completion time is the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are quite small and the karts found in the race are quite distinctive from the standard cars that run on roads.